I am just copying this from my reply to this thread (https://den.octo.fi/d/239), but I think it fits well here too.
Marketing, Header with Volume and Fees & Home page improvements 👇
I agree with others that the fee distribution to all HODLers is not the only USP (Unique Selling Proposition) that OCTO has.
We definitely need a header with the daily (& monthly) volume at the top, where we can also put "Fees aggregated" with a button on the right with a Call-to-Action, such as for example "Own a part of Octo.fi", "Buy OCTO" or "Get platform fees by HODLing OCTO".
At the same time, the main focus at the moment is to make the platform as complete as possible (aka reduce the amount of errors people are getting, which the team is tackling very well). Then we will see an increase in usage and therefore an increase in fees aggregated, so we can start pushing that total amount.
I do think that we can make some improvements to the Landing page of app.octo.fi, as at the moment people may not understand the huge amount things you can do on app.octo.fi straight away. The drop down menus at the top are great for when you are used to the platform, but at the time of the first visit it may seem a bit too much.
The first step in selling a solution to others is always Needs Assessment, and then trying to meet those needs. As app.octo.fi has super many useful tools, I think that we can meet the needs of many users. Some ideas on how to improve the home page:
(1) "View or change account" button in the middle can be moved to the top right (where you wallet address is) and in the middle we can potentially put with a more useful Call-to-Action button, such as for example "Browse what you can do on Octo.fi", which will then shift you down on the home page (see my next point about what to put there), or "Take an Octo-tour", which brings you to den.octo.fi/p/dyor.
(2) Right below, there are a few buttons like "Join the community", "Own a part of Octo.fi" and "Take a tour" with a scroll to the right. I think that we can take away the scroll and replace these button with things you can do on the OctoFi platform (each thing will have its own block). We can outline the top 6 for example with cool clickable designs, which will bring you right to them, and a short description:
- Get the best rate with Swaptopus across 32 different exchanges
- Trade cross-chain with Crosstopus to reduce gas-fees (coming soon, as stated in the TG chat)
- Make your crypto work for you - Explore the best rates to borrow & lend your crypto
- Find the best liquidity pools and provide liquidity with one click
- Get direct access to more than xxxx NFTs
- Buy crypto directly from your credit card
- Want to buy some goodies for your frentacles? Buy more than xxxx gift cards with crypto
[We have to think about which ones to push on the home page and the wording is of course not final]
[Remember, that while people are checking out some of these platform possibilities, they will be seeing the header with Volume and Fees aggregated, together with the Call-to-Action button, such as "Own a part of Octo.fi", and will be like "Damn, I want to get a part of the fees - this platform is DOPE", so they will click on it and can get some OCTO straight away]
(3) I don't think we need the long "Assets" list on the home page - can replace it with for example "Partners" and add links to Messari and others + this list of partners will be expanding in the future
(4) The "Get in touch" part and the Footer are great already.
As I said the main priority for the team at the moment is to improve the platform as much as possible, which is also what Dr. Octavius is saying on TG (a lot more marketing is coming afterwards). Then we can improve the home page and do some cool marketing things, to bring more eyes to app.octo.fi, and once they come to the home page, they will already have a better overview.
Just some Octo-thoughts 🐙