AMA was held 16 January at 8pm UTC
Our AMAs get broadcast live to:
Happy New Yield AMA Summary
The AMA ran for a little over 1 hour and 40 minutes and approximately 80-90 people were tuned in across the different platforms we stream to using Restream. Below is a summary of the topics covered with relevant links to everything you need to know.
- After waiting for everyone to tune in and checking all systems we go, we kicked things off at about 18:37
- We reviewed submitted questions and provided some basic answers, with most being deferred to our announcements later in the video. We had preempted a number of the questions with what we had prepared.
- At around 51:30 we shared that OctoPepe is coming to the game TokenFighter as a playable character.
- We announced at 52:13 that we are joining the Messari Registry to acquire our Messari Disclosures Verification Badge, and further our commitment to transparency. The application has been completed and payment submitted, fully funded by the team.
- To further our exposure and extend on our early success on Product Hunt, we shared at 54:55 our plans to do another PH launch for our 2.0 once the upcoming release is live. Let's all work together and get OctoFi to number one! You can even nominate us for the Product Hunt Crypto Awards (please do).
Other major announcements that we encourage you dive deeper on, and take part in discussions and voting for, are as follows:
The Octagon (council members)
We are opening up nominations to join The Octagon as one of eight council members. This initiative is a major part of our efforts to further decentralize the project and we encourage you to take part in this discussion thread and cast your vote as an OCTO holder on the governance proposal.
New Development Roadmaps
A series of new roadmaps (as mentioned from 1:04:19) have been released:
Definitely worth having a read at todo.octo.fi to see when some of these highlights will be released:
- Liquidity Provider rewards
- Multi-language support
- Platform transparency dashboard
- Optimistic rollup preparation
- Unwrapping of WBTC and others
- Launchpad (Decentralized VC)
- Android and Desktop apps
- Desktop app node functions
- Eth 2.0 pool staking
- Crosschain spot trading and swaps
- Gas reduction solution
OctoFi Improvement Proposals
We also released a series of new OIPs for discussion and governance voting. These are very important as we prepare for fee distributions and further decentralization of our all-in-one DeFi platform.
The links above go to the discussion threads for each OIP. At the bottom of each original post, there's a direct link to the proposals in the Governance section of the OctoFi DApp. You can also find them at dao.octo.fi if you prefer.
We strongly recommend that you consider where you share your thoughts when contributing to the OctoFi project. While our Telegram Community is a fantastic place to hangout and chat, it's not the ideal place to share feedback and ideas for the project, because they are quickly lost in the tens of thousands of messages.
If you have something to contribute to the project, please provide it in the relevant categories here on den.octo.fi and it will be easier to access, more visible to others, and is more likely to be taken into consideration as the project evolves. Plus there's the added bonus of search engine indexing and attracting organic search traffic.
Thanks so much for taking part in this AMA and for making OctoFi what it is today.
PS. If you haven't read The Tentacult Manifesto, you probably should.